Clean and well designed code is the key to a maintainable software. Unfortunately, many teams struggle to achieve this in real life. Everyone wants shorter development times, increased productivity and better quality software – this can be achieved mainly by acquiring good coding skills.
This workshop is for java or c# developers, who are looking for skills that will help them write a much more maintainable code and easy to work with.
You will leave this one day workshop with
- Skills and practices that will help you write a much more flexible, readable and bugs free code.
- A strong knowledge of your IDE’s capabilities with regard to code improvements
- DRY – single source of truth
- Meaningful names
- DO ONE THING! (Methods)
- Cyclomatic complexity
- Negative conditionals
- Method arguments
- Command-Query separation
- Error handling
- Law of Demeter
- High cohesion
- Low coupling
- Composition over inheritance
- IDE supporting operations:
- Extract Method
- Introduce Parameter Object
- Extract Class
- Extract Superclass
- Extract Interface
- Move Method/Field
- Pull Up / Push Down
- Invert ‘If’ statement
- Split ‘||’ condition
- Exchange ‘If’ statements
- Hands-on exercises
Unless otherwise stated, the workshop runs 1 day, 9:30 to 17:30.
What people that participated say:
- “Excellent organization. The workshop order makes sense, allowing to ramp up easily.
Itzik delivered the lessons very clearly, answering questions.
Overall I feel I learned loads from the workshop”. Maor Cohen, Myheritage [Translated from Hebrew]
- “Very challenging, interesting, professional”.
Thank you”. Michael Bunimovich, Optimal Plus [Translated from Hebrew]
- “The workshop was interesting and provided fairly simple tools that make a lot sense.
The trainer was clear and professional.
The venue is great. The atmosphere at Daniel hotel was enjoyable and fun”. Anonymous [Translated from Hebrew]