Advanced Scrum master workshop is a 1 day workshop that can be added on top of the Scrum training or done separately, unlike the Practical scrum training which is targeted for all roles in Scrum, this workshop will provide a toolkit for daily work of the new and experienced Scrum masters.
Is this the right workshop for you? Click here to find out!
You will leave this one day workshop with:
- Understanding how to support self organization and empowerment.
- Group decision methods and tools
- Several Leadership models.
- Learn to navigate team conflict.
- Detecting and dealing with complex team scenarios.
- Feedback giving and receiving skills.
- Facilitating daily meetings skills.
- Facilitating retrospectives skills.
This workshop is for Scrum masters, managers, Team leaders and Agile coaches who want to advance their learning further and grow amazing teams!
- What are the roles of the Scrum master?
- Self organization.
- Delegation games.
- Daily dilemmas:
- Discuss daily dilemmas.
- Simulations of different Dilemma's of the SM
- Leadership model - Situational leadership
- Increasing awareness
- Feedback giving receiving models.
- The interaction model.
- Powerful questions.
- Scrum elements
- Scrum scenarios simulation:
- Group decision making.
- Daily scrum
- Retrospective techniques.
This is a general syllabus and in case of an in-house training, it is possible to make the necessary adjustments to make it more appropriate for your organization’s specific needs.
Unless otherwise stated, the workshops runs 1 day, 9:30 to 17:30.
What people that participated say
- "The workshop was very useful and other than learning new stuff it was good to mingle with other scrum masters and share issues. Looking forward for the next…"
- "Thank you for the course yesterday - I enjoyed it and it gave me a lot of stuff to think about"
"As VP of technologies at Compedia, responsible for Scrum process in the organization, I was happy to participate at Ilan Kirschenbaum's workshop, which provides practical tools in leadership as well as in work methods. Plenty of knowledge was provided during this short one-day workshop, including, among others, practical exercise, video clips and actual practices. I warmly recommend to register and to participate". Tal Shimony, Compedia (Translated from Hebrew)
"Ilan is an amazing lecturer, high-quality and pleasant. I acquired many practices that will help me as of tomorrow to better manage the Scrum meetings. Moreover, the workshop allows change and decision making - not only in the professional sense but also in the personal sense - and provides new tools for dealing with challenges. I want to thank Practical Agile for their unmeasurable investment in the workshop". David Peles, Agile Coach (Translated from Hebrew)
- "Ilan, Thank you so much for the experiential, interesting and beneficial workshop.
I feel that I have acquired many useful tools that will, indeed, improve my role as a Scrum Master.
I loved all aspects of the workshop: the exercises, presentation, video clips, teamwork and of course the formal materials too.
I can't wait to get back to the guys and start practicing!
Thanks". Idan Raz (translated from Hebrew)
- "I participated today in an Advanced Scrum Master workshop at Daniel hotel.
The workshop, facilitated by Ilan Kirschenbaum, was interesting and included a lecture, video clips, and active participation.
During this full day we experienced in an intimate form (very small group) simulations, shared experiences, and learned to give and receive feedback effectively". E.Y. (translated from Hebrew)
"This workshop taught me many things, in particular how to give and receive feedback effectively, in contrast to everything I knew so far.
One more thing I will take with me is the activities and change I need to go through in order to move up in a leadership / management / Scrum Master career path, to encourage others and to motivate others to improve and to progress.
I recommend to prefer a slightly higher number of participants - ten and above - and create a broad range of experiences and opinions". Orel Ribnik (translated from Hebrew)