This course is a 2 day training with a goal to explain the what how and why do we do Scrum. The course will go through all of the major topics related to scrum including: Agile, the Scrum framework, self organizing teams and engineering practices that are common for Scrum teams.
In addition to the theoretical know-how that we will cover, a lot of exercises and discussions will take place in order to get a feel of things. During those two days, the participants will gradually simulate a real Scrum project with all of it’s aspects (except the actual coding).
The course is targeted for anyone who wishes to gain deep understanding of Scrum & Agile. Attending such a course will provide the necessary tools for you to get started with Scrum in your own organization.
This course has been taken by everyone connected to a Scrum Team: The Product Owner, Team members, managers, and other stakeholders.
- Understanding the paradigm shift in software development.
- Agile manifesto- What is it ? Where does it come from?
- The Scrum framework.
- Scrum values
- Scrum roles – Team, Product owner & Scrum master.
- Scrum artifacts – Product backlog, Sprint backlog, Burndown charts
- Scrum ceremonies – Sprint planning, Sprint review, retrospective
- Definition of Done
- Team work – what does it really mean?
- Agile estimation and planning techniques
- Engineering practices commonly used in Scrum.
- Self organizing team
- Scaling scrum.
Unless otherwise stated, the workshop runs 2 days, 9:30 to 17:30.
What people that participated say:
- “The final exercise made us very aware of the areas we need to improve” – Keith Nooks – (Sapiens)
- “Entertaining, theory covered but able to keep your feet on the ground” – Ron Kitay (RSA)
- “As a person that attended several Scrum trainings, i can definitely say this that was the best of them all” – Aviv Avital (EMC)
- “Innovative, Interesting, I Like learning through games”
- “I cant wait to start implementing these ideas”
- “The coolest training i have been to :)”
- “Great training, excellent games, made everything clearer”
- “The workshop has the right balance between theory for beginners and practical tools that are useful also for those on their Agile journey. The location is great – it’s fun seeing the sea!” – Tarin Waizman (Thomson Reuters)