“The Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work of the Development Team. How this is done may vary widely across organizations, Scrum Teams, and individuals.” [Scrum Guide by Jeff Sutherland and Ken Schwaber]
We curated this list of books that we feel is important and useful for any product owner.
It is not a complete or a final list, we try to keep it small enough to be digestible but not too small so that it is missing the major things. Your comments \ Suggestions are more than welcome.
The following books can enrich the project management aspects of any Product Owner:
The following books cover multi facets of agile product development
- The New New Product Development Game by Takeuchi and Nonaka – The article that inspired Scrum
- The Big Idea – The Wise Leader by Takeuchi and Nonaka
- 20 Product Prioritization Techniques – By Daniel Zacarias
Bloggers to follow
- Melissa Peri – Melissa is a consulter on Product Strategy, UX Design and Process through ProdUX Labs.
- Johanna Rothman – Johanna is a management consultant for software managers and leaders.
- Who is the Professional Scrum Product Owner [scrum.org]
- Principles of Effective Story Writing: The Pivotal Labs Way [Ryan Jones]
Agile Product Ownership in a nutshell – Henrik Kniberg