“The Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and enacted.” [Scrum Guide by Jeff Sutherland and Ken Schwaber]
Scrum Master must master the scrum framework. We have curated this list of resources with stuff we feel is important and useful for scrum masters.
It is not a complete or a final list. It will never be a complete list. We try to keep it small enough to be digestible but not too small so that it is missing the major things. Your comments \ Suggestions are more than welcome.
Standing on the shoulders of giants
Agile Fables and Novels
Complexity and Systems Thinking
Personal and Team Development
- The New New Product Development Game by Takeuchi and Nonaka – The article that inspired Scrum
- The Scrum Guide by Jeff Sutherland and Ken Schwabber
- The Big Idea – The Wise Leader by Takeuchi and Nonaka
- The End of Software Engineering and the Start of Economic Cooperative Gaming – Alisrair Cockburn
- Promiscuous Pairing and Beginners Mind – Embrace Inexperience – Arlo Belshee
- 10 quick and easy team building activity [Rishi Chowdhury]
- Scrum Master as host leader – new metaphor [InfoQ]
- Who is the Professional Scrum Master [Scrum.org]
- 21 Mandatory Tools for Distributed Agile Retrospectives [Luis Goncalves]
- http://notarbut.co/ (Hebrew)
- Tasty cupcakes – A website dedicated to sharing and learning about Agile games and activities.
- Retro-o-mat – Probably the best online resource for Agile retrospectives, activities, format & structure, plus the awesome “draw a retrospective” feature.
- The marshmallow challenge – The lesson in the marshmallow challenge is that we need to identify the assumptions in our project, and test them early and often.
- The Scrum Master Checklist – The ultimate list of question to guide the SM’s work
- LeSS – Large Scaling Scrum