Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a collection of computing, storage and content delivery services in the cloud. Using AWS, organizations can create scalable, secure and cost effective solutions – easily.
If you want to learn more about how AWS can help your development efforts join this one day introduction to AWS course and learn how to start working AWS today.
Lecturer: Dror Helper
Software Developers and technical leads who want to learn about the AWS Cloud.
No prior experience with cloud development is required.
A laptop that can connect to the internet with a text editor of choice.
During this 1 day course participants will learn how to create, administer and secure their own AWS account. We will create and deploy a web site using AWS and by the end of the day we will learn how to use VMs in the cloud and use infinite cloud storage to store files securely.
- Getting started with AWS
- Overview – AWS services
- Saas, Paas, and Saas explained
- Creating your first AWS account
- Using AWS Free tier
- Understanding regions and Availability zones
- Identity management (IAM)
- Securing your AWS account
- Adding users
- Roles and policies high level overview
- Networking basics
- VPC for developers
- Private and public networks
- Bastion hosts
- ACLs and security groups
- VPC and load balancing
- EC2 computing
- Available machine types and how to choose the right machine for you
- Using EBS to store data
- Creating and configuring virtual machines
- AWS VM lifecycle
- Connecting to your virtual machine
- Auto-scaling EC2 instances
- Data Storage in AWS
- Using S3 to save files
- RDS – manage databases in the cloud
Unless otherwise stated, the workshop runs 1 day, 9:30 to 17:30.