Lectures: Ilan Kirschenbaum & Anat Alon
Leading Agile Teams
SM as a servant leader: So, you have no authority over the team members, but you are still expected to change their behavior and even their mindset. An although you understand the Why, you know the What, you still cannot get them to do what you want. Bummer! Or maybe not? In this day we will focus on the challenge of leadership without authority. How to evolve as a leader, learn practical tools to influence and to create a mindset-shift.
This one day workshop is part of the Scrum Master Week. You may choose to attend the entire week, or pick and choose the right days for you.
Target audience: Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Product Managers, Agile Coaches and others who figured out that telling people what to do may be efficient but is hardly ever effective.
- What we know vs. What we thought about leadership?
- What kind of a leader are you? How can you channel your style effectively?
- Common traps of leadership
- What are the 5 dysfunctions of a team, and what to do about them?
- Delegation – Why delegate? When to delegate?
- How and whom to delegate?
- How do I do effective 1:1 meeting with team members?
- Different influence techniques
What people that participated say:
- “It was a very interesting workshop.
I can see how I implement into my day to day work tools and more things that came up during the day.
A lot of food for thought!”
Meir Malki, BMC (Translated from Hebrew)
- “It was an excellent day.
Many trivial topics that I was familiar with already got a fresh angle and reinforcement.
I have new ideas and practical elements to use with my team.
Moreover, knowledge to pass-on and share with the rest of the Scrum Masters and managers in my company (I hope I can deliver the message as good as you do).
I was creative and interesting. Thank you!”
Yael Peled, NICE (Translated from Hebrew)
- “An excellent course to understand the models of management in a team.
It was fascinating, the day was delivered in a fluent and interesting way.
The course includes intensive collaboration with participants in amusing role plays.
The course is clear and the trainer knows what she’s talking about.
Highly recommended!”, Dudi Glasswein, Varonis (Translated from Hebrew)